Before and After School Instructor/ Riverdale University
Definition: Under the general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor; is responsible for organizing, coordinating, and supervision the before and Aftercare program.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the before and aftercare program.
- Provide a daily and weekly matrix of activities to all participants.
- Provide weekly updates and information to parents.
- Daily set-up and cleanup of activity area.
- Transport participants to and from school on a daily basis.
- Plan and prepare meals to all participants each day.
- Participate in the marketing and outreach of park district programs and activities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a variety of social settings.
- Maintains accurate records and information of Before and Aftercare program
- Communicate and maintain positive relationship with parents concerning child’s progress and behavior.
- Develop and implement specific program details consistent with recreation marketing strategy.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate with the public and co-workers in an effective, professional, and courteous manner.
- Respond appropriately to changing and emergency situations.
- Ability to operate basic computer operations.
- Ability to independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to creatively develop activities on a limited budget.
- Ability to handle discipline effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to drive a 15-passenger van on a daily basis.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when required.
Associates Degree in Recreation from an accredited college or university; or a minimum (2) years’ experience of progressive responsibilities in parks and recreation planning, organizing, and implementation of programs dealing with children.
Necessary Special Requirements:
A valid driver’s license and must possess and maintain a current CPR certificate. Must complete and pass background evaluation and drug/alcohol screening prior to employment.