Definition: Under the direction of the Building and Grounds Supervisor is responsible for performing a variety of routine labor functions to maintain and/or repair park district facilities, grounds and equipment as required.
- Daily interior maintenance and cleaning of all park district facilities.
- Exterior maintenance of all parks and grounds; including park picking, mowing, and keeping entrances clear of obstructions and removal of debris.
- Operate tractor, mowers, snow plow and other equipment as needed.
- Maintain electrical fixtures, change light bulbs, and perform minor repairs.
- Check events calendar for room setup and/or cleanup on a weekly basis.
- Report needed equipment and facility repairs to Supervisor immediately.
- Assist with minor repairs and special projects
- Attend ongoing staff development training.
- Obey all safety rules, regulations and procedures established by the District.
- Performs related duties as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to work in various weather climates and conditions.
- Basic knowledge of general repairs and custodial services.
- Ability to multi-task maintenance workload.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to communicate information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles, tractors, power tools and equipment as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and general public.
- Ability to exercise good problem solving skills.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. and /or (2) years prior experience in the care and maintenance of buildings and ground facilities.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Possession of valid driver license and maintain current CPR certification