Definition: Under the general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, this part-time position provides assistance to patrons who utilize the services and resources of the Riverdale Park District. Working hours may require nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Register patrons for park district programs, activities and special events.
- Assists in the development and implementation of programs and special events.
- Provides assistance to meet the needs of park district operations and programs.
- Maintains bulletin boards with information for the general public at all park district facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Assists in the collection of fees for programs and facility usage.
- Provides assistance in accurate dissemination of information as it relates to park district programs, activities and events.
- Answers telephone and directs calls to proper department within the Riverdale Park District.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional, and courteous manner.
- Ability to explain operating policies and procedures in a professional manner.
- Ability to operate general office equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex records.
- Ability to independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to make mathematical computations with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions accurately, effectively and efficiently.
High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of (2) two years’ work experience; which shall have involved assisting the public and customer service.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license and must possess and maintain a current CPR certificate.